Direct Worldox support is available at no additional cost to any customer with a current maintenance contract.
Call Support: (201) 444-3290 (weekdays, between 9:00am and 7:00pm Eastern U.S. time zone).
After-hours support can be pre-arranged. A technician can be available for a three hour window. Charges will apply.
Email Support: email@example.com
Before calling us, please:
- Call from the computer that is giving you trouble.
- Have your Worldox license number ready.
- If you get an error message, leave it on the screen. If this is not possible, please write down the exact error message, or capture the image on the screen. (Tip: Pressing the Print Screen button copies the image into your computer’s Clipboard. You can then paste it into a standard Windows graphics program such as Microsoft Paint, and save the file there.)
Before you install the wdSaaS Client Setup file, you will need a License number and login credentials for your Worldox Cloud or Enterprise system.
If you have any questions, please contact your Internal Help Desk, Value Added Re-seller (VAR) or World Software representative. Click the following link to install the Worldox Cloud or Enterprise wdSaaS Client on a local PC.
As a Worldox customer with an active maintenance contract, you always have access to the Worldox Knowledge Base containing Worldox technical and troubleshooting information, as well as the latest tools for integrating Worldox with third-party products.
By maintaining your Worldox maintenance contract, you remain eligible for upgrades to the core Worldox product free of charge, including both Service Releases and entirely new versions. The current version of Worldox is Worldox GX4.
If you are running an older version of Worldox, you may request the upgrade to Worldox GX4 by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that the services of a reseller or systems integrator is advised for applying upgrades.
Need to check on the status of your maintenance contract, or purchase a new one? Simply call us at 201-444-3228.
Worldox is committed to helping developers build products that work with or extend Worldox, and to providing tools for streamlining integration with or migration to Worldox. Here are some of the resources we make available:
- Custom hooks between Worldox and a number of leading vertical and horizontal market products: available at no charge to Worldox integrators and resellers in the Worldox Knowledge Base
- Worldox has a full set of API’s which are documented in our SDK (“Software Development Kit”) for use by 3rd party products and for custom site integrations. There is a cost for the SDK so please Contact Worldox Support for more info.
- Conversion services from most any existing DM System is available to Worldox integrators and resellers for a fee. Contact World Software for more information.
The Worldox Document Management System is installed directly on the computer that you are using as your file server or on a network share. A separate workstation-class machine will act as the Profile and Text Indexer.
File Server/Share Requirements for Worldox
Worldox does not require a dedicated file server. It simply needs one (or more) file shares with sufficient disk space to hold the documents and the associated databases at each office.
The Worldox database overhead is approximately 20-30% of the profiled documents. For example, for every 100 MB of documents, Worldox may use up to an additional 35 MB to store and index associated profiles and text.
These databases must reside on the same resource (share) as the documents. We recommend setting aside enough free disk space per managed resource to maintain at least five (5) years of additional documents.
For Microsoft Active Directory integration (Optional), Worldox requires Microsoft Server 2012 and higher. 8.3 Filename Support is recommended but not required with GX4. For information about SMB support, please see our SMB White Paper available to customers in the Worldox Knowledgebase.
Profile/Text Indexer Workstation Requirements for Worldox
Worldox requires at least one Profile/Text indexer PC per data center. Indexers are standard workstation-class PCs. Their local disk requirements are for temporary space only; no permanent data is stored on an indexer. Most of today’s off-the-shelf workstations are sufficient to serve as an indexer.
Important Note: Your database build and update times correlate directly to the speed and resources of your indexer PC. If you have large data sets, Worldox Software recommends utilizing a more powerful PC for indexing.
Minimum recommended Profile/Text Indexer workstation specifications are:
- Processor: Core 2 Duo (or higher). A faster processor as well as a Multi-Core Processor will provide max performance.
- Memory: 4 Gig of RAM Min.
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 or 10
- Software: Microsoft Outlook 2013 or 2016 Mail client to allow for email indexing
- Free Local Disk Space: At least 50% of the disk size of the documents being indexed.
- Network Connection: 1 Gbps recommended.
Workstation Requirements for Worldox Client Software
Worldox will run on virtually any PC that can run Windows 10, 8, or 7. Worldox uses on average around 400 MB of local disk for application and temporary files. Please note the minimum workstation specifications for acceptable performance:
- Processor: Core 2 Duo (or higher)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8 or 10
- Memory: 4 GB recommended.
Requirements for Worldox Web
Worldox Web 3.0 is a companion product that works with Worldox GX4 running WDU14 or newer code. It offers access to your firm’s documents from any Internet browser or supported handheld device like iPad, iPhone or Web enabled phone or tablet.
Worldox Web requires the following infrastructure:
- GX4 uses Worldox Web 3.0 and up as web companion
- Windows Server 2012 R2 or higher running IIS
- Full time broadband internet connection
- Static IP address with a corresponding hostname
- A Windows 10 (x64) workstation to serve as a Worldox Proxy Server is highly recommended
Please contact your Reseller or World Software Technical Support for additional information or clarification on system requirements, if necessary.
Worldox® Integration Compatibility
The Worldox® Document Management System integrates with top software providers to offer customers a wide range of options and maximum flexibility.
World Software Corporation is responsible for integrating supported operating systems and office suites. For these categories of software, World Software provides integration capabilities as standard, “out of the box” features in Worldox. Currently these are supported with Worldox GX4. For earlier versions of Worldox, please contact support for more information. World Software will continue to support Microsoft Operating Systems and Office Suites for as long as Microsoft maintains extended support.
The integration of all other products listed below is the responsibility of the named vendors, except in special circumstances where the responsibility is shared. For a list of Integration Partner Solutions click here. To inquire about products and categories not listed here, please contact Worldox support.
Additional product support and integration information may be found on the Worldox Knowledge Base, which is accessible to all Worldox customers and resellers.
Client Operating Systems:
Microsoft Windows 10 (Desktop Mode, GX4 required)
Microsoft Windows 8 (Desktop Mode, GX4 required)
(Home Versions are not supported)
Server Operating Systems:
Microsoft Server 2012 and higher (GX4 required)
Office Suites (32 bit versions)
Microsoft Office 2010 through 2019 and 365 (contact us about 64-bit):
MS Office 2013/2019 support requires GX4
Office 365 requires GX4; plan must include desktop version of Office, storage onsite; see above for desktop version information
Corel Office 14, X5, X6, X7, X8, and X9 32 bit versions, Corel Office X6-X9 require GX4
Acrobat DC Full and Reader (GX4 required)
Acrobat Full version 8-XI (GX4 required for X and XI)
Acrobat Reader 9-XI (GX4 required for X and XI)
Time and Billing
Worldox can import from any program that can export information to a delimited text file. Most time and billing software programs can do this. To inquire about a specific product, contact Worldox support or your Reseller.