Our clients often ask us for best practices for setting up Document Types. Here are…
Experience the Paperless Device, Which Protects Sensitive Documents, In Worldox’s Booth From August 31-September 3 In Las Vegas
Las Vegas, N.V., September 2, 2015 – Sony’s Digital Paper will be showcased to the legal market at ILTACON 2015 in the Worldox® booth, #305/307 from August 31 to September 3, 2015 at Caesars Palace, Las Vegas. The lightweight paperless device is suited for variety of professional markets, including the legal industry and is a secure way to transport, read, annotate and store sensitive documents. Digital Paper’s touch panel enables users to operate the menu or turn pages by simply touching the screen. Using the included stylus, individuals can write fluidly and directly on the panel, and also easily highlight and erase text, for a familiar and comfortable writing experience.
Sony and partner Worldox jointly unveiled Digital Paper to the legal community, and continue to work together to market the technology, develop new applications, and showcase the product. The device’s mobility is enhanced through the integration of Worldox’s new GX4, enabled through the browser- based WebMobile (2.0), which provides browser-based mobile access to Worldox content.
“True mobility is not only achieved, it is also enhanced with the security elements that both Worldox and Sony’s Digital Paper provide. With at rest encryption you have an additional tool to manage the security of your documents,” said Bill Bourke, National Sales Manager, Sony’s Digital Paper.
Added Ray Zwiefelhofer, president of World Software Corporation, “If you don’t provide a secure way for your attorneys to achieve the mobility they require, they will creatively solve it for themselves, with perhaps a less secure method, putting the firm and your clients at risk.”
Key features and functions of Sony’s Digital Paper include:
- World’s thinnest, lightest body among devices with comparable screen sizes (approximately 9/32″ and 12.6 oz.); slightly thicker than 30 sheets of paper
- 13.3 -inch electronic paper display (screen size measured diagonally)
- High contrast display (1200 x 1600 dots), 16-level gray scale, incorporating “E Ink Mobius” technology from E Ink Corporation
- No backlight enabling text to be read clearly, even in bright sunlight
- Advanced Encryption Standard (AES 256) encryption technology
- Built-in Wi-Fi functionality allowing file sharing over a wireless network
- Rechargeable thin lithium-ion battery – up to 3 weeks use on a single charge
- AC adapter or USB rechargeable (computer-based charging)
- Storage – approximately 2,800 PDF files; internal memory of 4 GB coupled with micro SD card slot for additional storage
- Touch panel (IR touch) compatible with electromagnetic induction-type touch pen input
- Dimensions – of approximately 9 1/4” width by 12 1/4” height by 9/32” depth (thickness)
- Weight of approximately 12.6 ounces
Sony’s Digital Paper is currently available, through Sony’s network of authorized resellers, at a suggested list price of $799.
About Sony Electronics
Headquartered in San Diego, Sony Electronics is a leading provider of audio/video electronics and information technology products for the consumer and professional markets. Operations include research and development, engineering, sales, marketing, distribution and customer service. Sony is noted for a wide range of consumer audio/visual products, such as the BRAVIA® 4K Ultra HD, 3D and high-definition televisions, Cyber-shot® compact cameras, Alpha Interchangeable Lens Cameras, Handycam® camcorders, high-resolution audio products and portable audio products. Sony is also a leading manufacturer of audio/video technologies for broadcast, live production and B2B applications, highlighted by the CineAlta™ 4K cameras, SXRD™ 4K digital projectors, XDCAM® line of tapeless technologies and a range of A/V professional products and accessories.
E Ink Mobius is a registered trademark of E Ink Corporation. Worldox® is a registered trademark of World Software Corporation.