Worldox Time and Billing Connectors
Worldox Quick Client Matter Connectors automate the process of updating Worldox profile field tables – connecting you behind the scenes with the latest information from your linked time, billing and practice management systems including Elite, Juris, Omega, AcumniEW, Prolaw, PCLaw and others.
How connectors work
Quick Client Matter connectors enable law firms to use the same data structures for Document Management that are in use for billing and practice management. These connectors run via the Windows Scheduler, updating relevant Worldox profile tables with new or changed Client and Matter data derived from direct queries to your billing/practice management systems.
Connectors synchronize Worldox document repositories with practice management, time and billing systems. They eliminate input errors, making the entire update process invisible, automatic.
- Installed connectors query the billing system according to your configured parameters, updating relevant Worldox profile tables directly via the Worldox API.
- Connectors can also feed retention settings from your practice management software into Worldox tables. Use this feature (for example) to automate archiving of Worldox-managed documents relating to closed matters.
- New and updated client/matter information is available to users with a minimum of delay.
Two more valuable benefits:
- Easy CSV output for table installs, rebuildsConnectors can also be used to generate CSV files for import into Worldox – via scheduled indexer events or as needed. This greatly simplifies table creation during installs and rebuilds, in the event of table corruption or disaster recovery.
- Closed matter handling:Connectors can also actively inform users and apply new rules based on changing billing/practice management data. That includes marking description fields of closed matters, to deter users from profiling new documents into closed files.
The connectors can also apply document retention criteria to the codes of closed matters. Once retention rules are applied to closed matter codes, Worldox can be set up to archive documents associated with closed matters on a regular schedule; you can also do this manually.
- Quick Client Matter Connectors runs on Windows 7 or Windows 10. Any PC which meets the requirements for a Worldox Indexer or Client should be suitable. It can be run on existing Worldox indexer.
- With Microsoft SQL based systems such as Elite and Juris, the necessary components for querying the databases should be included in the operating system.
- In the case of Omega it will be necessary to install an ODBC drive if that is not already installed as part of the Omega configuration.
- It is recommended that connectors are installed and run on the indexer PC that services relevant profile groups, to speed client updates.
If the SQL database is not configured for windows authentication with the workstation login account having read access to the database tables, then it may be necessary to create a database account with read permissions on the relevant tables.
The connection to the SQL database may be via a suitably configured DSN for direct access or by a defined ODBC link. The Omega connector only operates using an ODBC connection via the relevant driver for the CACHE database.
Worldox Quick Client Matter Connectors are sold on a one time site licence of $1,500 – with an annual maintenance cost of $300 per year for product support and upgrades.
Quick Client Matter Connectors can be configured by Worldox Technical consultants to work with other SQL based billing systems. If your site is using a different billing system for client matter information, please contact Worldox to discuss your requirements.
Our consultants can usually develop a connector very quickly if they can have access to your database to determine the structure and required queries.