- This event has passed.
Simple Cybersecurity & Regulatory Compliance Strategies to Keep Law Firms in the Black While Avoiding a Black Eye
November 14, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 2:00 pm
Law firms have historically been privy to the deepest, darkest secrets of the individuals and organizations they represent, but their records are now becoming a significant ethical, regulatory, and reputational liability, particularly for small and mid-sized law firms. Firms that proactively address these security concerns will continue to thrive, but those that remain complacent could suffer potential consequences ranging from short-term disruption or loss of business to long-term injury to their reputations or roles as trusted advisors.
Attendees will learn:
• How a minor law firm breach could have major consequences.
• The ethical obligations associated with proactively promoting security.
• Why hackers are specifically targeting law firms and the data of their clients.
• Which state and federal rules dictate that law firms must manage data like their clients.
• Whether the failure to reasonably protect client data and prevent cyberattacks could result in malpractice.
• Why a robust policy and reporting framework can enhance cybersecurity.
• The best practices that boost client confidence.
Join legal industry analyst, Ari Kaplan of Ari Kaplan Advisors, in a moderated discussion with Rebecca Sattin, the Chief Information Officer for Worldox, Michael Feldman, Esq., CIPP, a founding partner with OlenderFeldman LLP, Jeff Miller, a channel account manager with Arctic Wolf Networks, and Carl Benevento, a member of Partners in Regulatory Compliance.