Worldox and Related Technical Requirements
The Worldox Document Management System is installed directly on the computer that you are using as your file server. You will also need to designate a separate workstation-class machine as the Profile and Text Indexer.
File Server Requirements for Worldox
Worldox does not require a dedicated file server. It simply needs one (or more) public drives mapped to a resource with sufficient disk space to hold the documents and the associated databases at each office.
The Worldox database overhead is approximately 20-30% of the profiled documents. For example, for every 100 MB of documents, Worldox may use up to an additional 35 MB to store and index associated profiles and text.
The Worldox databases must reside on the same resource (drive) as the documents. World Software recommends setting aside enough free disk space per managed resource to maintain at least five (5) years of additional documents.
For Microsoft Active Directory integration (Optional) Worldox requires MS Server 2003 or higher
*Note for Server 2008 and higher, 8.3 Filename Support recommended to be on but not required. We highly recommend SMB2 be disabled and if not fully patched.
Profile/Text Indexer Workstation Requirements for Worldox
Worldox requires at least one Profile/Text indexer PC per office. Worldox indexers are standard workstation-class PCs. Their local disk requirements are for temporary space only; no permanent data is stored on an indexer. Most of today’s off-the-shelf workstations are sufficient to serve as an indexer.
Important Note: Your database build and update times correlate directly to the speed and resources of your indexer PC. If you have large data sets, Worldox Software recommends utilizing a more powerful PC for indexing.
Minimum recommended Profile/Text Indexer workstation specifications are:
- Processor: Core 2 Duo (or higher). A faster processor as well as a Multi-Core Processor will provide max performance.
- Memory: 2 Gig of RAM Min.(4 Gig Recommended)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7, 8,10
- Software: Microsoft Outlook 2013 or 2016 Mail client to allow for email indexing
- Free Local Disk Space: At least 50% of the disk size of the documents being indexed.
- Network Connection: 100 Mbps Min., 1 Gbps recommended.
Workstation Requirements for Worldox Client Software
Worldox will run on virtually any PC that can run Windows 10,8,7 or Windows Vista. Worldox uses around 50 MB of local disk for application and temporary files. Please note the minimum workstation specifications for acceptable performance:
- Processor: Core 2 Duo (or higher)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows Vista, Windows 7, 8, 10
- Memory: Min 2 Gig of RAM or higher 4 Gig recommended.
Requirements for Worldox Web
Worldox/Web Mobile is a companion to Worldox GX3 while Worldox Web 2.0 is the companion to GX4.Each offers access to your firm's documents from any Internet browser or supported handheld device like iPad,iPhone or Web enabled phone or tablet.
Worldox/Web requires the following infrastructure:
- GX4 uses Worldox Web 2.0 as web companion
- GX3 uses Worldox Web Mobile
- Windows Server 2008 or higher running IIS
- Full time broadband internet connection
- Static IP address with a corresponding hostname
- A Windows 7, 8 ,10 workstation to serve as a Worldox Proxy Server is highly recommended but not required
Please contact your Reseller or World Software Technical Support for additional information or clarification on system requirements, if necessary.