Worldox GX3 and Related Technical Requirements
The Worldox GX3 Document Management System is installed directly on the computer that you are using as your file server. You will also need to designate a separate workstation-class machine as the Profile and Text Indexer.
File Server Requirements for Worldox GX3
Worldox GX3 does not require a dedicated file server. It simply needs one (or more) public drives mapped to a resource with sufficient disk space to hold the documents and the associated databases at each office.
The Worldox GX3 database overhead is approximately 25-35% of the profiled documents. For example, for every 100 MB of documents, Worldox GX3 may use up to an additional 35 MB to store and index associated profiles and text.
The Worldox GX3 databases must reside on the same resource (drive) as the documents. World Software recommends setting aside enough free disk space per managed resource to maintain at least five (5) years of additional documents.
For Microsoft Active Directory integration (Optional) Worldox requires MS Server 2003 – 2008R2
*Note for 2008 server and higher, 8.3 Filename Support needs to be on. We highly recommend SMB2 be disabled and if not fully patched.
Profile/Text Indexer Workstation Requirements for Worldox GX3
Worldox GX3 requires at least one Profile/Text indexer PC per office. Worldox GX3 indexers are standard workstation-class PCs. Their local disk requirements are for temporary space only; no permanent data is stored on an indexer. Most of today’s off-the-shelf workstations are sufficient to serve as an indexer.
Important Note: Your database build and update times correlate directly to the speed and resources of your indexer PC. If you have large data sets, Worldox Software recommends utilizing a more powerful PC for indexing.
Minimum recommended Profile/Text Indexer workstation specifications are:
- Processor: Core 2 Duo (or higher). A Faster processors as well as Dual-Core Processor will provide max performance.
- Memory: 2 Gig of RAM Min.(4 Gig Recommended)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3, Vista and Windows 7 (Home version O/S's not supported)
- Software: Microsoft Outlook Mail client to allow for email indexing (same version as in production)
- Free Local Disk Space: At least 50% of the disk size of the documents being indexed.
- Network Connection: 100 Mbps, connected directly to your network backbone
Workstation Requirements for Worldox GX3 Client Software
Worldox GX3 will run on virtually any PC that can run Windows 8 (Legacy Mode), Windows 7, Windows Vista, and Windows XP Professional SP3. (Home version O/S's not supported). Worldox uses around 50 MB of local disk for application and temporary files. Please note the minimum workstation specifications for acceptable performance:
- Processor: Core 2 Duo (or higher)
- Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Professional SP3, Vista and Windows 7 or 8 (Home version O/S's not supported)
- Memory: Min 2 Gig of RAM or higher 4 Gig recommended for Win 7 and 8
Requirements for Worldox Web Mobile
Worldox/Web Mobile is a companion to Worldox GX3 that offers access to your firm's documents from any Internet browser or supported handheld device like iPad, iPhone, BlackBerry, or Web enabled cell phones.
Worldox/Web Mobile requires the following infrastructure:
- Worldox GX2 or GX3
- Windows Server 2003 or 2008 running IIS
- Full time broadband internet connection
- Static IP address with a corresponding hostname
- A Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista, or Windows 7 (Home version O/S's not supported) workstation to serve as a Worldox Proxy Server is highly recommended
Please contact World Software Technical Support at 201-444-3290 for additional information or clarification on system requirements, if necessary.